Asgard Employee Super
Changes to Asgard Employee Super
We're making an important change to your superannuation, to ensure we support members of our super funds today and in the future. From mid-October 2021 we will be closing Asgard Employee Super Account (AESA) and transferring our members' super balances to Asgard Superannuation Account (ASA) and BT Super.
Find out more about the upcoming closure of Asgard Employee Super and the transfer of impacted super accounts.
- If your super is invested in the MySuper Lifestage investment option please visit our dedicated BT member hub.
- If your super is invested in Separately Managed Accounts or Managed Profiles please visit our dedicated Asgard member hub.
What we offer to members
Asgard has been working behind the scenes with financial advisers since 1985 to create products and services that help you to reach your financial goals.
Financial advisers consistently rank Asgard as one of the best providers of superannuation and investment solutions in Australia.
Today, we are proud to help almost 300,000 Australians invest over $37 billion through our award-winning platforms and services. And, we’re even stronger now that we’re part of the Westpac Group.
What do we offer you?
At Asgard, we help you focus on what’s important. Asgard makes it easier for you to manager your super.
What we offer to members:
- Competitive fees.
- An extensive range of investment options to suit your needs.
- Automatic insurance cover.
- Spouse and family members can also enjoy the great discounts and benefits available to you.
- Exclusive offers for you and your family through our Benefits Now program.
- 24/7 secure online access via Investor Online.
If you have any questions, please speak to your financial adviser or call our Customer Relations team on 1800 998 185 between 8.30am and 7.00pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday or email us at email@example.com.
What we offer to employers
Asgard Employee Super is chosen by you for your employees.
Asgard Employee Super forms part of a superannuation fund known as the Asgard Independence Plan Division Two, ABN 90 194 410 365. BT Fund Management Limited ABN 63 002 916 458, AFSL 233724 is the trustee of the Fund. Asgard is a part of the Westpac Group.
Asgard Employee Super is a corporate superannuation solution that can help employees and family members find superannuation, investment and insurance solutions to suit their personal needs and goals.
What do we offer you?
At Asgard, we believe the greatest wealth is to live well. As a super fund, it’s our responsibility to help people prepare for their best financial future, but we know that to truly live well, people need support across all aspects of their life.
That’s why we’re the first super fund to bring a whole wellbeing philosophy to our super offer.
What we offer to employers:
- Asgard’s extensive investment menu caters for people of all stages of life and across all investment styles.
- We can work with you to develop your insurance design to ensure it is relevant and appropriate for your employees.
- Our wellbeing program will give your employees the tools, advice and support to help them achieve their personal goals.
- We can tailor a workplace wellbeing program that integrates with your culture. Our workplace programs can include workforce assessment, workshops and employee engagement initiatives.
If you have any questions, please speak to your financial adviser or call our Employer Relations team on 1800 005 740 between 8.30am and 7.00pm (Sydney time) Monday to Friday or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asgard Employee Super do not charge:
- contributions fees
- switching fees
- exit fees
If you are invested in Asgard MySuper, a simple, low cost fee structure will apply to you.
For those invested in Asgard SMA – Funds or Asgard Managed Profiles, a tiered administration fee will apply – that is, the more money in your account, the lower the fee percentage you pay – plus other fees you or your employer can negotiate with your financial adviser.
If you’re a member of your employer’s plan within Asgard Employee Super, your employer may have negotiated certain fee arrangements that apply to you.
For full details of fees and other costs, please see the PDS and talk to your employer or financial adviser.
Insurance aims to protect your most valuable assets – you and your family.
Insurance is a group benefit that you receive as an Asgard Employee Super member.
Asgard Employee Super offers two insurance options to help protect your family, your lifestyle and your investments in the event of a personal crisis.
Standard insurance cover
If your employer has not selected an insurance benefit design under Comprehensive Cover, you may be eligible to receive default Life Protection only of Life and Total and Permanent Disablement (‘TPD’) Protection cover calculated on an age based scale.
Please see Asgard Employee Super - Additional Information Booklet Part 3 - Insurance for more information.
Comprehensive insurance cover
You may be eligible to receive ‘Comprehensive Cover’, which is based on a design and benefit formula selected by your employer.
Types of insurance available to you:
- Life Protection - pays a lump sum if you die or suffer a Terminal Illness.
- Life Protection and Total and Permanent Disablement ('TPD') Protection - TPD Protection pays a lump sum if, or when, you become totally and permanently disabled due to sickness or injury.
- Salary Continuance - replaces up to 75% of your monthly income if you become disabled through sickness or injury and are unable to work.
If you’re an employer considering setting up Group Insurance for your employees, we strongly suggest that you speak to your financial adviser.
Please see Asgard Employee Super - Additional Information Booklet Part 3 - Insurance for more information.
Asgard Employee Super allows you to select the right investment option to suit your retirement plan.
Asgard MySuper offers a low cost, simple super solution for members who prefer not to play an active role with their super.
When you join your Asgard Employee Super employer, and/or if you don’t make an investment choice, you will be given an Asgard MySuper account and you’ll be invested in the Asgard MySuper Lifestage Investment applicable to the year you were born.
Your Asgard MySuper Lifestage Investment gives you access to a diversified portfolio of assets and aims to achieve an appropriate level of risk and return over time by automatically adjusting the mix of assets throughout your life, as you move closer to retirement.
There are seven different Asgard MySuper Lifestage Investment options designed to suit investors born within that decade. View the latest Product Dashboard for the Asgard MySuper Lifestage Investment Options.
Asgard MySuper satisfies the MySuper fund rules established by the Government.
Asgard Separately Managed Accounts - Funds (Asgard 'SMA - Funds')
Asgard SMA – Funds offer you a choice of five diversified portfolios:
- High Growth
With Asgard SMA – Funds, you make just one investment decision by choosing the portfolio that matches your risk profile.
Each portfolio has a specific set of risk/return characteristics achieved by investing in a range of asset classes, within set parameters. You can choose the portfolio that best suits your investment risk profile and you can switch between portfolios at any time as your needs change.
Asgard Managed Profiles
Asgard Managed Profiles enables you to take control of your super and design an investment profile to suit your individual investment needs and objectives from an extensive range of managed investments. You can also select term deposits and shares from a broad range of securities listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (‘ASX’).
Your mix of investments on what you and your financial adviser decide is best for you, taking into account your personal and financial goals and an appropriate investment risk profile.
Your financial adviser, can also switch your investments at any time, quickly and easily, as your financial and lifestyle needs change.
For more information about the managed investments available to you, refer to the List of Available Investment Options Booklet and speak with your financial adviser about the right options for you.
Keep an eye on your investments by reading our Investment Monthly which contains performance and asset allocation information. You can view recent issues here:
December Investment Monthly 520kb November Investment Monthly 520kb October Investment Monthly 520kb September Investment Monthly 520kb August Investment Monthly 520kb July Investment Monthly 520kb June Investment Monthly 580kb May Investment Monthly 580kb April Investment Monthly 410kb March Investment Monthly 410kb February Investment Monthly 410kb January Investment Monthly 410kb
December Investment Monthly 640kb November Investment Monthly 630kb October Investment Monthly 640kb September Investment Monthly 580kb August Investment Monthly 575kb July Investment Monthly 520kb June Investment Monthly 580kb May Investment Monthly 580kb April Investment Monthly 410kb March Investment Monthly 410kb February Investment Monthly 410kb January Investment Monthly 410kb
December Investment Monthly 410kb November Investment Monthly 410kb October Investment Monthly 410kb September Investment Monthly 410kb August Investment Monthly 410kb July Investment Monthly 410kb June Investment Monthly 410kb May Investment Monthly 402kb April Investment Monthly 402kb March Investment Monthly 392kb February Investment Monthly 420kb January Investment Monthly 470kb
December Investment Monthly 424kb November Investment Monthly 404kb October Investment Monthly 412kb September Investment Monthly 412kb August Investment Monthly 420kb July Investment Monthly 395kb June Investment Monthly 400kb May Investment Monthly 410kb April Investment Monthly 408kb March Investment Monthly 410kb February Investment Monthly 395kb January Investment Monthly 404kb
December Investment Monthly 402kb November Investment Monthly 403kb October Investment Monthly 435kb September Investment Monthly 638kb August Investment Monthly 820kb July Investment Monthly 580kb June Investment Monthly 940kb May Investment Monthly 640kb April Investment Monthly 780kb March Investment Monthly 1MB February Investment Monthly 610kb January Investment Monthly 1MB
December Investment Monthly 846kb November Investment Monthly 511kb October Investment Monthly 511kb September Investment Monthly 569kb August Investment Monthly 819kb July Investment Monthly 843kb June Investment Monthly 823kb May Investment Monthly 549kb April Investment Monthly 535kb March Investment Monthly 549kb February Investment Monthly 535kb January Investment Monthly 914kb
December Investment Monthly 600kb November Investment Monthly 594kb October Investment Monthly 573kb September Investment Monthly 607kb August Investment Monthly 957kb July Investment Monthly 609kb June Investment Monthly 541kb May Investment Monthly 549kb April Investment Monthly 610kb March Investment Monthly 610kb February Investment Monthly 1MB January Investment Monthly 554kb
December Investment Monthly 546kb November Investment Monthly 530kb October Investment Monthly 1MB September Investment Monthly 1MB August Investment Monthly 523kb July Investment Monthly 540kb June Investment Monthly 538kb May Investment Monthly 645kb April Investment Monthly 642kb March Investment Monthly 695kb February Investment Monthly 485kb January Investment Monthly 386kb
December Investment Monthly 896kb November Investment Monthly 587kb October Investment Monthly 587kb September Investment Monthly 585kb August Investment Monthly 537kb July Investment Monthly 439kb June Investment Monthly 356kb May Investment Monthly 515kb April Investment Monthly 583kb March Investment Monthly 581kb February Investment Monthly 342kb January Investment Monthly 345kb
Significant event notices and Product updates
Significant event notices
- Significant event notice - AESA transfer August 2021
- Significant event notice - intrafund consolidation April 2021
- Significant event notice - important changes to your super effective 1 October 2020
- Significant event notice - intrafund consolidation April 2020
- Significant Event Notice May 2019 - Protecting Your Super Legislation
- Significant Event Notice April 2019 - IntraFund Consolidation
- Significant Event Notice April 2018 - IntraFund Consolidation
- Significant Event Notice March 2018 - AESA changes to insurance
- Significant Event Notice December 2017 - MySuper fee change version 1
- Significant Event Notice December 2017 - MySuper fee change version 2
- Significant Event Notice December 2017 - MySuper fee change version 3
- Significant Event Notice October 2017 - Negative balances
- Significant Event Notice August 2017 - Regulatory changes
- Significant Event Notice 24 March 2017 - Intrafund consolidation
- Significant Event Notice February 2017 - ADA
- Significant Event Notice February 2017 - MySuper account changes
- Significant Event Notice - ADA - November 2016
- Significant Event Notice - ADA - August 2016
- Significant Event Notice - 22 July 2016 Intrafund consolidation
- Significant Event Notice - Changes impacting your Asgard Employee Super Account - July 2015
- Significant Event Notice - Buy-sell spread changes impacted Asgard MySuper Lifestage Managed Investment Options - May 2015
- Significant Event Notice - Understanding the insurance changes to your Asgard Employee Super Account March 2015
- Significant Event Notice December 2014
- Significant Event Notice - Asgard Personal Protection Package December 2014
- Significant Event Notice June 2014
- Significant Event Notice June 2013
We may update the information in the Product Disclosure Statement. Details of these updates are listed below. If the changes to the information in the Product Disclosure Statement is materially adverse, we will issue a Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement.
- Product Update - Changes to How We Manage Your Transaction Account Balance from December 2020
- Product Update - Your Future Your Super Annual Performance Assessment - effective 31 August 2021
- Product Update - Standard Risk Measure Changes effective 31 July 2021
- Product Update - Important changes to your Super effective 1 July 2021
- Product Update - Account balance thresholds that apply to minimum administration fees issued 7 June 2021
- Product Update - Changes to Fees and Costs from 10 May 2021
- Product Update - Changes to Asgard MySuper from 1 July 2021
- Product update - Cessation of Eligible Rollover Funds and Changes to Transfer Balance Cap 1 May 2021
- Product Update - Changes to your super: Royal Commission Recommendations from 21 December 2020
- Product update - Buy / Sell changes from 13 August 2020
- Product update - important changes to your super from 1 July 2020
- Product Update - Change of Insurer effective 1 July 2020
- Product update - changes to fees and costs 1 July 2020
- Product update - 10 December 2019
- Product update - 24 September 2019
- Product update - 1 July 2019 - Changes from 1 July
- Product update - December 2018 - Labour standards and environmental, social and ethical considerations
- Product update - October 2018 - Changes to the Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
- Product update - August 2018 - MySuper Lifestage Investment Options
- Product update - 1 July 2018
- Product update - June 2018 - SRM change
- Product update - December 2017 - Asgard MySuper fee change
- Product update: October 2017
- Product update: September 2017 - Fees and costs
- Product update: July 2017 - Changes impacting AESA
- Product update: February 2017 – Changes to MySuper
- Product update: January 2017
- Product update: July 2016
- Product update: January 2016
- Product update: July 2015
- Product update: May 2015 – Buy / sell changes to MySuper
- Product update: January 2015
- Product update: July 2014
- Product update: July 2013
Brochures & forms
Document What it contains Asgard Employee Super PDS This is the Asgard Employee Super Account Product Disclosure Statement.
When we are advised that you have left your employer, you and any spouse and family members associated with your account will automatically become ‘Personal’ members within Asgard Employee Super.
By becoming a Personal member in Asgard Employee Super, you keep:
- the same member number
- your financial adviser
- your existing investment options
- your beneficiary nominations
- 24/7 secure online access via Investor Online
- access to our Benefits Now program
The fees and insurance premiums you pay as a Personal member may differ from the fees that applied while you were a member of your employer’s plan. Please refer to the ‘Fees and other costs’ section of the PDS.
Taking Asgard Employee Super with you
If you’re an eligible employee, you can direct your employer to pay your Superannuation Guarantee (‘SG’) contributions to any complying superannuation fund or retirement savings account that is willing and able to accept SG contributions.
All you need to do is complete the Choice Form and give it to your new employer. Once it is all sorted your new employer will pay your super contributions into your Asgard Employee Super account.
All working Australians will be offered the Choice to choose their superannuation fund, apart from employees who:
- are covered by a State Award that specifies a specific fund i.e. industry fund
- are covered by a Australian Workplace Agreement that specifies a specific fund i.e. corporate fund or industry fund
- are covered by a Certified Agreement that specifies a specific fund
- who remain members of a defined benefit fund
- are covered by an employment agreement in force under the Victorian Employee Relations Act 1992.
Some government employees are also ineligible. These are:
- Government employees who are members of the CSS or PSS
- Government employees in an unfunded public sector super scheme.
Examples of complying superannuation funds
- corporate funds
- corporate master trusts (such as Asgard Employee Super)
- retail personal funds
- platform personal funds (such as Asgard eWRAP Super)
- industry funds
- self managed superannuation funds.
Tools & calculators
Asgard has introduced online tools, calculators and factsheets to assist you with your superannuation.
Tools & calculators What it's for? Combine your super Use this tool to rollover your super from one or more other funds to your open Asgard Employee Super Account without the need for paper forms. Retirement income calculator Asgard has partnered with BT to provide a retirement income calculator to show the sort of annual income you may have in retirement, and the big difference even small extra contributions could make to your super. Member education factsheets We have developed a number of factsheets to help you manage and understand your super. Nominate your beneficiary factsheet This factsheet provides information on who can be a beneficiary and how you can nominate them within your Asgard Employee Super Account.